Price: $786.18 USD
Free UPS shipping on this product
*In continental United States and most of Canada.
This is a stainless steel high flow converter assembly. It includes all hardware for installation.
2011 – 2014 Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost
All of us at Solo Performance are proud to announce that we have our 2011–2014 Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ultra High Flow Converters, tested and ready for sale. These are a full stainless steel converter/resonator assembly that has all stainless welds, O2 bungs, flanges, etc. We have two test trucks (Thanks so much again Boostedfitz, for your time and efforts!!!) out there that all have over 500 miles on them with no engine light issues. It’s so important to thoroughly test these High Flow Converters on multiple vehicles and we appreciate your interest and patience during this phase. Having said this we can’t be completely sure until there are 10 or so units out there with no issues.
Solo is the only company that we know of that incorporates a resonator into a converter assembly when necessary. A by-product of the restrictive nature of the “stock” Ecoboost converters is quietness. When we took the restriction away and opened up the converters with our Solo High Flows the noise became unbearable. We inserted a 3 inch free flow Solo Mach-Resonator at the rear of the assembly and the exhaust note changed from “horrible” to an “8 Cylinder Symphony.” With the addition of the Solo High Flow Cats, your current exhaust note increases in volume by approximately 2 DB and the note deepens, richens, and becomes more full and rounded. The throttle response is greatly improved with the Solo Performance Ecoboost Cats, and our customers have commented on feeling the difference in HP (horse power) and torque from the first drive. The piping is all 3” mandrel bent stainless steel and much care and consideration has been given to not only the “path of the exhaust” but the “transition intersection” as well.
* 200 cell stainless steel spiral wound design. This design is long lasting, ultra-high flow, and completely stainless inside and out.
* Converters are far overrated for the truck, at 6.0L per side. That’s 12.0L of cleaning ability.
* 3” mandrel bent stainless steel pipes ( except the first few inches that are 2 ½” due to the manifolds )
* Includes a special design stainless steel 3/8” thick front flange. A special spacer ring has also been incorporated to allow for the Ford shouldered studs coming out of the manifold.
* All pipes, O2 bungs, resonator, and welds are stainless steel.
* For sound reasons we had to incorporate a 3” free flow resonator behind the converters. With the addition of the free flow resonator we now have great sound (2 DB louder) and performance.
* These converters are not CARB certified but they do pass all emissions and keep the CEL light off. They are technically for off road use only.
* Oxygen Sensor Extenders are included for the two rear O2 bungs. These extenders contribute to the elimination of the engine light.
* No CEL or engine lights to date! 100% BOLT ON!
* Stock Weight is 42 pounds and the Solo High Flow Converter weight is 21 pounds
Back to TopCustomer comments
Great to see these released! Check out my review in the other thread. Performance increase is real and SIGNIFICANT. GREAT sound too. Buy with confidence. Great deal compared to others out there. Those cats are not cheap.
I want to do an in depth review on this item but it seems with holiday and family, can’t seem to find time to dedicate to it but hope this helps. I matched high-flow cats on a MR400 cat-back on my ’11 ecoboost and absolutely LOVE the sound. Sound was a weak 6/10 before but now it’s a solid 9/10, great sound for a V6.
Performance: I have not dyno’d the truck but my butt dyno can notice a difference. For sure, for some reason the truck coasts longer when letting off the throttle. Faster turbo spooling definitely heard. Can’t seem to stop flooring it and chirping the tires.
Gas: Hard to tell gas improvement because of the colder weather ruining it this tank. And have not taken the truck on a long trip either. Hard to review.
Not much of a review, I know but all in all, it’s a great item. No regrets buying it at all. The biggest improvement is the sound with the MR400. Closest exhaust I have found to sound deep and grizzly (yeah, I said grizzly). I’ll try to post a YouTube video later but the video won’t do it justice.
Hope this helps. Sorry, written on phone.
Also, during the install I accidentally damaged two O2 sensors which Ford later replaced under warranty ( I think I got lucky or they didn’t notice ). The CEL went away for a few days but came back. Didn’t have time to check if it was the same code. I continued to drive it and the next day it went away. Hasn’t come back, keeping my fingers crossed but curious if anyone else has had this same thing?
Boy she’s got some grunt now!
Please contact Jeff Boychuk for raw product inquires (Stealth, storm, quantum, mach, mufflers, resonators, mandrel bends & exhaust tips) and Pontiac Solstice exhaust kits.
Please contact Steve Mariano for Camaro, Pontiac G8, Challenger, Charger, Saturn Sky & Redline, Smart Car, exhaust kits.