Price: $749.00 USD
Free UPS shipping on this product
*In continental United States and most of Canada.
This kit includes tips, exhaust pipes, muffler, clamps, gasket and all necessary hardware.
2007-2008 Pontiac GXP 2.0L Turbo
The GXP Mach shorty exhaust system is Solo’s mid-range sounding exhaust kit. This was developed for the customer’s that wanted their GXP to sound nosier than our traditional GXP-Mach kit but quieter than our Street Race kit. It’s the exact same kit as the “Mach” except the muffler used here is only 11” long instead of 14”. Different sound choices are key to satisfying the many different tastes in performance exhaust.
The “Mach-Shorty” could be classed as a louder Mach or a quieter Street Race, it falls right in the middle of these. This is a no drone exhaust kit that is very quiet at cruising speeds.
Here are some attributes of our GXP-Mach shorty system:
• Solo’s mid-range sounding exhaust kit for the turbo GXP.
• Fully polished stainless steel cat back exhaust kit.
• Includes all necessary hardware for installation.
• Classed as moderate sounding high performance.
• Recommended for most.
• 3” mandrel bent polished stainless steel.
• Laser cut stainless steel flange.
• Extra hanger included for support.
• Heavy duty double braided flex pipe is used.
• A very precise hand made flare is on the front pipe to alleviate having to reduce the pipe to 2 ½”.
• Dual 2 ½” pipes are used in this mid section.
• This does not restrict the flow as dual 2 ½” pipes flow more than a single 3”.
• We decided to go with the more difficult design of a dual in dual out muffler.
• This muffler is a heavily packed with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wool, it is a true X design muffler. Made from stainless steel. We made and toned this muffler specifically for the 2.0 Turbo, Ecoteck engine.
• This muffler is only 11” long. Its quite likely the shortest dual in dual out X design muffler that there is available.
• The tails flow into a beautifully crafted beveled 4” angle cut full bodied stainless steel exhaust tips manufactured by Solo Performance.
• 19 HP increase, 7 extra foot pounds of torque increase.
Back to Top Customer comments
I was filling up this morning and some guy driving a 1970 or 71 corvette walked over to me and said “Wow, that sounds great!” and then started asking about my car and in particular the exhaust (He even got down on the ground to look under).
He said he was looking at the solstice for his wife but didn’t like it much until he saw/heard mine.
I think its only right if I heaped just a little more praise for Solo into this thread. I ordered a muffler-less center exit exhaust from them back in late december (IIRC), while I was still overseas. I placed this order through PM’s and e-mail in a relatively short time, and they were really helpful in getting me specifically what I wanted at a price that shouldve landed me in jail for robbery.
I finally was able to install the system just this past Saturday, and I was beyond impressed when I opened that enormous box and got a good look at the full exhaust system. It was very well made. With just 2 jack stands, a floor jack, and my little brother and dad to help me, I set off installing the high flow cat and RCD exhaust. After several hours, most of which was spent fighting with the engine to get the old cat out (highly recommend the use of a lift when doing this) the entire system was bolted up and ready to go.
We fired the car up, and I was actually startled by how loud the new setup was, though I’m not complaining. You cant hold a conversation when giving the car gas, however the system is as quiet as stock when cruising down the freeway, and thats just fine for me! There was a noticeable increase in power after the upgrade from the Magnaflow 3″ catback to the Solo turbo-back system (I’m not knocking the MF though, as it is a very good product as well).
I also have received many compliments about how the car sounds, and especially the unique look of the center exit system and Norm’s absolutely perfect diffuser. Even today at the Pontiac dealership, the service tech was beaming as he spoke about the setup. A buddy of mine is also looking into getting a GXP, and the first thing he asked me was “where did you get that exhaust system!?”.
Solo definitely deserves all of this praise. These exhaust systems are just top-notch; 5 out of 5 stars and 3 thumbs out of 2 way way up.
Please contact Jeff Boychuk for raw product inquires (Stealth, storm, quantum, mach, mufflers, resonators, mandrel bends & exhaust tips) and Pontiac Solstice exhaust kits.
Please contact Steve Mariano for Camaro, Pontiac G8, Challenger, Charger, Saturn Sky & Redline, Smart Car, exhaust kits.