Price: $640.93 USD
Free UPS shipping on this product
*In continental United States and most of Canada.
This kit includes tips, exhaust pipes, clamps, gasket and all necessary hardware.
2007-2009 Pontiac GXP 2.0L Turbo
The GXP-Street race exhaust system is Solo’s noisiest GXP exhaust kit. This was developed for the enthusiasts that like a full bodied exhaust note. The STREET RACE has no muffler to reduce the noise, the turbo acts like a muffler as it “chops” up the exhaust and deadens the noise to an acceptable level. This is still a no drone exhaust kit however, your neighbors “will” hear you coming and going.
Here are some attributes of our GXP-Street Race system:
• SOLO’S loudest exhaust kit for the turbo GXP.
• Fully polished stainless steel cat back exhaust kit.
• Includes all necessary hardware for installation.
• Classed as a full bodied nosier exhaust kit.
• Recommended for the enthusiast.
• This is a no drone exhaust kit with no muffler.
• 3” mandrel bent polished stainless steel.
• Laser cut stainless steel flange.
• Extra hanger included for support.
• Heavy duty double braided flex pipe is used.
• A very precise hand made flare is on the front pipe to alleviate having to reduce the pipe to 2 ½”.
• The front pipe mates to the stock 2 ½” catalytic converter or our full 3” free flow converter.
• The best transition stamped stainless steel Y pipe is used to take the system from a single 3” to a dual 2 ½”.
• The dual 2 ½ pipes used here are more flow that the single 3”.
• There is no muffler in this kit.
• The tailpipes flow into a beautifully crafted beveled 4” angle cut full bodied stainless steel exhaust tips manufactured by Solo Performance.
• 27 HP increase, 10 extra foot pounds of torque increase.
Back to Top Customer comments
I was filling up this morning and some guy driving a 1970 or 71 corvette walked over to me and said “Wow, that sounds great!” and then started asking about my car and in particular the exhaust (He even got down on the ground to look under).
He said he was looking at the solstice for his wife but didn’t like it much until he saw/heard mine.
I think its only right if I heaped just a little more praise for Solo into this thread. I ordered a muffler-less center exit exhaust from them back in late december (IIRC), while I was still overseas. I placed this order through PM’s and e-mail in a relatively short time, and they were really helpful in getting me specifically what I wanted at a price that shouldve landed me in jail for robbery.
I finally was able to install the system just this past Saturday, and I was beyond impressed when I opened that enormous box and got a good look at the full exhaust system. It was very well made. With just 2 jack stands, a floor jack, and my little brother and dad to help me, I set off installing the high flow cat and RCD exhaust. After several hours, most of which was spent fighting with the engine to get the old cat out (highly recommend the use of a lift when doing this) the entire system was bolted up and ready to go.
We fired the car up, and I was actually startled by how loud the new setup was, though I’m not complaining. You cant hold a conversation when giving the car gas, however the system is as quiet as stock when cruising down the freeway, and thats just fine for me! There was a noticeable increase in power after the upgrade from the Magnaflow 3″ catback to the Solo turbo-back system (I’m not knocking the MF though, as it is a very good product as well).
I also have received many compliments about how the car sounds, and especially the unique look of the center exit system and Norm’s absolutely perfect diffuser. Even today at the Pontiac dealership, the service tech was beaming as he spoke about the setup. A buddy of mine is also looking into getting a GXP, and the first thing he asked me was “where did you get that exhaust system!?”.
Solo definitely deserves all of this praise. These exhaust systems are just top-notch; 5 out of 5 stars and 3 thumbs out of 2 way way up.
Please contact Jeff Boychuk for raw product inquires (Stealth, storm, quantum, mach, mufflers, resonators, mandrel bends & exhaust tips) and Pontiac Solstice exhaust kits.
Please contact Steve Mariano for Camaro, Pontiac G8, Challenger, Charger, Saturn Sky & Redline, Smart Car, exhaust kits.