Warning: When Working on under or around any vehicle exercise caution. Please allow the vehicle’s exhaust system to cool before removal, as exhaust system temperatures may cause severe burns. If working without a lift, always consult vehicle manual for correct lifting specifications. Always wear safety glasses and ensure safe work area. Serious injury or death could occur if safety measures are not followed. Professional installation recommended.
INSTALLING YOUR NEW SOLO CAT:
1) Unplug the passenger and drivers side O2 sensors There are two per side. Unplugging these sensors can be a bit tricky. Some patience is required.
2) Unbolt the converter to manifold connection using a 15mm socket.
3) Undo the bottom bolts using a 15mm socket. Carefully remove the converter making sure it doesn’t fall or damage the O2 sensors.
4) Carefully remove the oxygen sensors from the stock converter with a 22mm or 7/8” wrench or special O2 socket.
5) Put oxygen sensors aside and make sure they don’t get mixed up as to which side or port ( front or rear ) that they came out of.
6) Install the new SOLO Cats. The cats are market with a R (Passenger side) and L (Driver’s side).
7) Install the Solo Oxygen Sensor Extenders in the rear O2 port on either side.
8) Install the 4 oxygen sensors into their respective ports. The rear oxygen sensors will thread into the Solo extenders.
9) Make sure the rear of the manifold (where the converter attaches) if clean and free from any debris that may have baked on.
10) From the manifold to converter connection install and finger tighten the 15mm nuts at the front flange of the converter.
11) Pull back on the stock exhaust and slip the rear of the cat into the stock exhaust and finger tighten the stock exhaust clamp.
12) Finger tighten all bolts and manipulate the cat into alignment.
13) At this time the SOLO CATS should be sitting in place.
14) Double check the exhaust system and the rear exhaust tips to make sure they are properly aligned.
15) Snug the front flange connection and rear band clamps.
16) Plug all four O2 sensors into the wiring harness.
17) Check all clearances and positioning one more time and then do a final tighen.
18) Check for any rattles, clearance problems and double check that the O2 sensors are tight and plugged into the wiring harness. Your Solo Ultra High Flow Cat install is now complete.
Back to TopFor any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call:
Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call
Jeff at (905) 703-1557
Solo Performance (Buffalo NY) at (716) 875-SOLO
Solo Performance (Mississauga, Ontario) at (905) 897-6833!
Please contact Jeff Boychuk for raw product inquires (Stealth, storm, quantum, mach, mufflers, resonators, mandrel bends & exhaust tips) and Pontiac Solstice exhaust kits.
Please contact Steve Mariano for Camaro, Pontiac G8, Challenger, Charger, Saturn Sky & Redline, Smart Car, exhaust kits.